“SOCAL TELEVISION” GIVEAWAY (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”)
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, DONATION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SWEEPSTAKES DATES: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 1, 2022 and ends at when SoCalTelevision.com Memberships reach 500 Members (the “Sweepstakes Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are given in Pacific Time.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to: i) legal permanent United States residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older or nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi, or ii) a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of the province of Quebec) who are at least the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence as of the date of entry (the “Entrant”). Current and past employees, officers and directors of SoCal Television (the “Sponsor”) and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, vendors, advertising/promotion agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively referred to herein as “Sweepstakes Entities”) as well as their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to participate. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes is void in Quebec, outside of the forty-eight (48) United States, the District of Columbia, Canada and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law.
- TO ENTER: There are six (6) ways to receive entries into this Sweepstakes:
- VIA A PURCHASE: Visit socaltelevision.com (the “Website”) and make a qualifying purchase to receive one (1) entry for every $1 purchased at the Website. Entrant will need to provide all of the required information as requested in order to submit and complete a purchase. Upon completion of the purchase, Entrant will automatically receive the entry or entries for each purchase of $1 at the Website. Also, Entrant will receive one (1) entry for every $1 purchased of a gift card; however, use of a gift card to purchase is NOT a qualifying purchase. If an Entrant requests a refund, the refund and entries removed from the Entrant’s entry will be determined based on the Sponsor’s refund policy at https://socaltelevision.com/return-policy.
Sponsor may offer additional entries via Purchase during specific timeframes of the Sweepstakes. Those offerings will be posted at the Website.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRIES VIA DONATION: To receive entries by making a Donation to SoCal Television, while at the website, Entrant will have the option to make a Donation by choosing the Donation amount. Donations may be made at the Website only, via any of the payment methods accepted at the Website. Upon making the desired Donation and completing the payment process in its entirety, Entrants will receive one (1) entry for each $1 Donation into the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind that persons participating via Donation will be eligible to receive any tax deduction or other charitable benefit in conjunction therewith. The availability of any such charitable benefit is a matter solely between Entrant and SoCal Television. Entrants are thereby cautioned to consult with their accountant or other tax professional BEFORE seeking to claim any charitable benefit relative to Sweepstakes participation. Without limiting the foregoing, Entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor is not acting as a professional fundraiser, charitable solicitor. AT ALL TIMES, THE ONLY PARTIES TO THE DONATION TRANSACTION ARE THE ENTRANT, ON THE ONE HAND, AND NAME OF CHARITY, ON THE OTHER.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRIES VIA STICKER: Upon checkout at the Website, Entrant may opt to purchase a White Vintage SoCal Television sticker, (the “Sticker”), - https://socaltelevision.com/socaltelevision-vintage-sticker to receive double entries on his/her complete purchase (which is inclusive of the Donation entries). For example, if an Entrant purchases $50 on the Website and makes a $10 Donation he/she would receive sixty (60) entries. Then, if the Entrant opts to purchase the Sticker, he/she would receive a total of one hundred and twenty (120) entries, two times the number of entries for purchase and donation. Entrant may only purchase one (1) Sticker per transaction to receive double entries.
Neither Sponsor nor Independent Administrator is responsible for any entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise.
- SIGN-UP FORM: Visit socaltelevision.com to complete the Member Sign-up Form by providing a valid email address and phone number. You can opt-out at any time. Entrant will receive five (5) entry into the Sweepstakes via the Sign-up method of entry.
During the Sweepstakes Period, an Entrant who completes the Membership Sign-up Form will have the option to obtain additional entries via the following entry methods:
- REFERRAL: An Entrant may share a unique referral link. Any person that clicks on the unique referral link and completes the Sign-up Form (the “Referral”) will receive five (5) entries into the Sweepstakes. The Entrant that referred the Referral (the “Referee”) will receive five (5) entries for each Referral that completes the Sign-up Form.
The unique referral link may only be accepted once per Referral and the Referee cannot use the referral link to complete the Sign-up Form to receive additional entries.
Additional Referral Link Requirements: Every time you post or send your Referral Link, you must tell people that you will receive Sweepstakes entries if they accept your referral. Telling people that you receive Sweepstakes entries if they accept the referral is a legal requirement. Failure to comply may result in your entries being void and/or your disqualification from the Sweepstakes, and may be a violation of laws enforced by the Federal Trade Commission. You can use the default language provided to share your Referral Link, but at least use: "Accept my referral and I have a chance to win prizes.” You may not refer yourself or create multiple, fictitious or fake accounts to attempt to earn additional entries into the Sweepstakes.
You are the actual sender of any emails you may send in connection with this Sweepstakes or post and you must comply with applicable law. Referral Links must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members. By emailing any email address as part of the Sweepstakes, you represent that you have the appropriate permission and consent. Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other use of the services described herein in a manner outside the intent of the Sweepstakes is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate disqualification and further legal action. Entrants who do not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Released Parties against any liabilities, costs and expenses they incur as a result of such spam.
- TWITTER: Complete the entry options below to receive three (3) entries per Twitter entry method. Entrant must be a registered Twitter® user. To become a registered user, visit twitter.com.
- Follow @SoCalTelevision Follow the Sponsor by clicking on the provided link to receive three (3) entries into the Sweepstakes.
- Tweet: Tweet a pre-written message on Twitter through the provided link to receive three (3) entries into the Sweepstakes.
- Retweet: Retweet verbatim, without modifying, changing, or rearranging the pre-written tweet to receive three (3) entries into the Sweepstakes.
ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY (“AMOE”): To receive an entry into the Sweepstakes without making a Purchase or Donation, Entrant must enter as follows: (USPS MAILED ENVELOPE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED), legibly write with correct spelling your first name, last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, e-mail address and send, Email Subject: SoCal Television Giveaway To: Sweepstakes@SoCalTelevision.com; Each email received is considered twenty (20) entries into the Sweepstakes. NO STANDARD USPS MAILED ENVELOPES WILL BE ACCEPTED. To receive an additional twenty (20) entries per AMOE, write “SOCAL TV DONATION” at the top of the email. To receive double entries, write “SOCAL TV STICKER” in the bottom right-hand corner of the email. For each AMOE that has “SOCAL TV DONATION”, the Entrant will receive a total of forty (40) entries into the Sweepstakes. For each AMOE that has “SOCAL TV DONATION” and “SOCAL TV STICKER”, that Entrant will receive a total of eighty (80) entries into the Sweepstakes. To receive another five (5) entries, write “SOCAL TV REFERRAL” on the email directly under your email address. Please see below for receiving Additional Entries via Purchase during offer periods posted at the Website to receive a multiplier of entries. Entries must be emailed (time-stamped) by December 31, 2021 and received by January 20, 2022. Entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the Entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, not received or bounce back emailed entries.
DURING THE TIME FRAME IN WHICH MORE ENTRIES ARE OFFERED VIA PURCHASE, AMOE ENTRIES (FOLLOW DIRECTIONS FOR AMOE ENTRIES ABOVE) WITH THE WORDS “ADDITIONAL SOCAL TV ENTRIES” WRITTEN IN THE BOTTOM LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE EMAIL WILL EARN “ADDITIONAL ENTRIES” IF THEIR EMAIL ENTRY IS TIMESTAMPED ON THE SPECIFIED DATE(S) AT SPECIFIC TIME(S) WHEN ADDITIONAL ENTRY OFFERS ARE PROVIDED AND VALID ON THE WEBSITE.
Regardless of the method of entry, there is a limit of two hundred (200) entries per Entrant during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrant may receive up to two hundred entries via Purchase, Donation, Sticker, AMOE Sign-up Form, Twitter and Referral.
Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant whose social media account that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other person or entity; does not comply with these Official Rules; or if Sponsor receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (defined below) of the e-mail address connected with the email account from which the entry was submitted. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An Entrant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the Entrant is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the entry. Any attempt by any Entrant to enter this Sweepstakes using multiple/different accounts or any other methods may void the Entrant’s entries and may result in disqualification, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate in the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in disqualification. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmissions or any other reason, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunication malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Late entries or entries sent via any other method than those stated above will not be accepted.
- WINNING/ODDS: There will be one (1) random drawing held in Corona, CA once SoCalTelevision.com Sweepstakes Membership Requirements have been met and posted on our website. Grand prize winner will be notified via Member's SoCalTelevision.com Membership signup email on file. One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) and one (1) Runner-up Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted by the Independent Administrator, whose decisions are based upon its sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects.
- PRIZES: GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner to SoCal Television Sweepstakes will select one (1) prize of the month. Grand Prize Winner must meet the eligibility requirements outlined in these Official Rules. The Grand Prize Winner will receive: i) the selection of one (1) prize of the month from a Sponsor provided list of prizes available to be awarded (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize Winner will select the first prize with a ARV of $50. For example, if the Grand Prize Winner selects a prize that is $50.
The maximum ARV of all prizes combined is $50. In the event the prizes’ total ARV is less than $50 the difference will NOT be awarded. Color, Options and Accessories to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The prize may have alterations and the Grand Prize Winner is responsible for requesting any additional alterations to the prize. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a list of all available prizes and the respective values that he/she may select from while onsite. Grand Prize Winner must have and provide a valid Driver’s License and have a valid SoCalTelevision Membership at time of prize delivery. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any and all taxes (federal, state, local, municipal, sales and/or income) and any expenses not listed herein related to the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize. Sponsor does not make, nor is Sponsor in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; the only representation/warranty/guarantee that may be provided, if any, are those of the manufacturer and/or dealer. Grand Prize Winner must accept delivery of the prize or pick up the prize within 7 days of notification that the prize is ready. Grand Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations including, but not limited to licensing and insurance requirements, where applicable.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: The Grand Prize Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the prize after it has been delivered. The depiction of the prize in any advertising or promotional materials or physical display may not reflect the actual prize onsite at the time the Grand Prize is awarded. Grand Prize Winner will only have the option to select a prize that is available at the time of award.
Entry Tickets are subject to the terms and conditions of issuer and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, misplaced, damaged or destroyed. ARV may vary, depending on the point, date and time of departure. Grand Prize must be accepted as a whole or will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event travel is required to obtain prize; all travel arrangements must be made through a travel agent or entity selected by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all meals, transportation (other than described above), travel insurance, tips, room service, laundry service, souvenirs or gratuities, fuel, parking, beverages, telephone calls, overages, baggage fees, extras and any other incidental costs or expenses not specifically stated herein as being included. Specific air carrier(s) and other trip specifics are selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Travel must originate and end at the same major gateway airport. Grand Prize Winner will be required to obtain any travel related documents and maintain all insurance (including health, liability and any other insurance along with any documentation for vaccination for COVID-19 requirements). Grand Prize Winner acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities are not providers/carriers of transportation, or insurance providers. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked. No frequent flier miles will be earned on any element of prize travel. Grand Prize conditions may be added or modified by Sponsor or its designee. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any changes of any element of the Grand Prize, nor are they liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight/event changes, cancellation or delays. A Grand Winner later found ineligible or non-compliant will be immediately required to return and forfeit any prize awarded. In the event Grand Prize Winner engage(s) in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor (or its designee) in their absolute discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, dangerous, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or may cause harm, property damage or any other loss, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and to send the Grand Prize Winner home with no further compensation.
FIRST PRIZE: The First Prize Winner will be able to select one (1) prize offered in the current month's sweepstakes. The First Prize Winner will receive: i) first choice pick of one (1) Gift Card with ARV of $50 from select gift card prizes offered in the current month's sweepstakes giveaway provided by sponsors, ii) $50 cash prize will be awarded in the form of a check or gift card to the First Prize Winner only (the “First Prize”). Total ARV of the First Prize is $50.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is $50.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of comparable or greater value if advertised prize should become unavailable. Each prize winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations. Each prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize he/she has received, including but not limited to any and all federal, state and local taxes. No more than the number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
- GRAND PRIZE CLAIM: Each prize winner will be notified via the contact source provided at the time of registration within five (5) business days of the drawing date. Except where prohibited, the potential prize winner must sign and return to the Independent Administrator an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/publicity release (the “Release”) and IRS form W-9 (US Residents) or IRS form W-8BEN (Canadian Residents) in order to claim the respective prize (collectively, the “Required Documents”) within the time frame indicated in the Notification. If a prize winner is a Canadian Resident, he/she must correctly complete a mathematical skill testing question. If the potential prize winner fails to sign and return the Required Documents within the required time period, or incorrectly answers the mathematical skill testing question, the potential prize winner forfeits the right to the respective prize and an alternate prize winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each prize is taxable as income and the prize winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the respective prize, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes. The Independent Administrator must report the value of the prize to the IRS in the year the prize is received and will be reported to each prize winner and the IRS in the form of a Form 1099 for Form 1042-S. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that the potential prize winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor (or any party acting on its behalf) to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the prize, the potential prize winner will be disqualified and another potential prize winner will be selected from among the remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Valid social security numbers will be determined by IRS requirements.
Prize Winners consent to use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information, and voice (or any derivation thereof) in advertising worldwide without additional compensation (TN residents will not be required to sign a publicity release as a condition of winning a prize).
- GENERAL: All federal, state, provincial and local taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winners, if applicable. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant, prize winner agrees: [a] to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Independent Administrator which shall be final in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its franchisees, licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers, and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, including the Independent Administrator, from any and all injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including liability for personal injury or death resulting from his/her participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize; and [c] if the prize winner, to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor and Sponsor’s subsidiaries and affiliates without further notice or compensation (unless prohibited by law) and, except where prohibited, to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Sponsor, its licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, including the Independent Administrator, and each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders and employees are not responsible and shall not be liable for; [a] electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction; [b] unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; [c] technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions; or [d] limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Sponsor and / or Independent Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants, Sponsor, or Independent Administrator. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSISTIUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action will be posted on the Website. All federal, state and local regulations apply. ENTRANTS, GRAND PRIZE WINNER AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: SoCal Television; 204 W. Kendall St, Corona, CA 92882.
- Crave Coffee & Tea; 175 E Ontario Ave, Corona, CA 92879.
- BurgerIM; 1240 E Ontario Ave STE 107, Corona, CA 92881.
- Rapha Tea; 1191 Magnolia Ave Suite D, Corona, CA 92879.
- The Brass Tap; 705 N Main St #103, Corona, CA 92880.
WINNERS’ LIST REQUEST: To receive the name of the prize winners, send an email with SUBJECT: “SoCal Television-Giveaway” Winners List Request; to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received before SoCalTelevision.com Sweepstakes Membership requirements stated above have been met.
OFFICIAL RULES: Visit the Website for a copy of these Official Rules during the Sweepstakes Period.
This Sweepstakes shall not be published without written permission by Sponsor.